- Fix sending an album of ten scheduled messages.
- Convert folder back to non-shareable on last link deletion.
- Several fixes of focus control in discussions / channel comments.
- Drop all formatting on paste in non-message input fields.
- Clear search field on archive opening.
- Show video upload / download progress over the spoiler.
- Better support for text-colored emoji in reactions.
- Close archive / topics group when clicking on currently active folder.
- Allow replace media by paste in discussions / comments / scheduled messages.
- Fix stuck Replace Media button after editing media in some chats.
- Quick reply by double click only with the left mouse button.
- Fix applying the same custom chat background with different dimming value.
- Fix “who reacted” list display for media album parts.
- Show full t.me/+ invite link prefix in Recent Actions.
- Don't try to suggest userpic photos to bots.
- Add “Send when online” to the send button context menu.
- Fix crash in empty topics message sending.
- Share folders that include dozens of chats with friends or colleagues.
- Anyone you invite can add the folder and join all its chats in one tap.
- You can create multiple invite links to give different people access to different chats in the folder.
- Set a custom wallpaper for any 1-on-1 chat.
- Your chat partner can apply the same wallpaper - or choose their own.
- You can disable all resource-intensive animations and animated stickers and emoji.
- Power saving mode turns on automatically based on system battery saving settings.
- Fully flexible playback speed settings for videos, voice and video messages.
- Click the “1X” button to quickly switch between normal and adjusted speed – or hold it to set any speed between 0.5-2.5x.
- Improved sound quality for adjusted speed playback.
- Read receipts in groups under 100 members now show reaction timestamps and when your messages were read.
- When inviting people to groups, you can quickly send invite links to anyone who doesn't allow adding them directly.
- Invite links now show previews in chats.
- Fully translatable bots. Bot descriptions and ”What can this bot do?" sections can now be translated.
- Starting a call now shows a confirmation window.
- Fixed pasting images from Firefox on Windows.
- Global Fn+F shortcut to switch active window to full screen mode on macOS.
- Silent notification sound in Focus Mode on macOS.
- Emoji Profile Pictures. Quickly create group and profile pictures from animated emoji and stickers with the new “Use an Emoji” option.
- Emoji Categories. Filter stickers and emoji by categories like “love”, “cheers” or “sleeping” in the sticker and emoji tabs.
- Chat Translation. As a Premium user, translate entire chats in real time as you scroll them or receive new messages.
- Media Permissions in Groups. Control whether members of your groups can send 9 distinct media types – like Photos, Voice or Video Messages.
- Select Chats for Bots. Bot developers can now let users quickly select groups, channels or contacts that meet predefined criteria (more in @BotNews).
- Open in New Window. Open chats or additional accounts in separate windows.
- Media with spoiler effects. You can wrap photos and videos you send in a fuzzy cover by selecting media in the attachment menu and tapping (…) > Hide With Spoiler.
- Setting pictures for your contacts. You can choose your own picture for a contact – only you will see it on their profile.
- Suggested profile pictures. When editing your contacts, you can suggest a photo for their profile. It will take them just two clicks to add the picture you suggested.
- Public profile pictures. If you only allow certain users to see your profile photos, you can set a public picture for everyone else.
- Ultimate profile picture privacy. You can set 'Who can see my profile photos' to 'Nobody' and add some users or groups as exceptions.
- Member list privacy. Owners of large groups can hide the list of members.
- You can set a Global Auto-Delete Timer for all new chats and groups you create.
- New messages will be deleted after 1 day, week, month - or a custom duration you choose.
- The new menu in Settings > Privacy & Security > Auto-Delete Messages also lets you set up Auto-Delete for any of your existing chats faster.
- Admins of groups with 100+ members can organize discussions into separate topics.
- Topics now have a two-column layout that keeps recent chats easily accessible as you browse topics.
- Previews of topic messages in the chat list work like a button - click to jump to the last updated topic.
- Up to 5 topics can be pinned to the top of the list.
- Each topic now supports multiple pinned messages.
- The View as Messages mode now shows which topic each message belongs to.
- Badge counters for topics you never opened will have a lighter, less distracting color.
- A new General topic is now included by default, containing service messages and the earlier message history from the group.
- Admins can rename the General topic.
- Large groups can enable Aggressive Filtering in Manage Group > Administrators to remove more spam with automated algorithms.
- Admins help improve filtering by reporting any false positives in Recent Actions.
- Enable message translations in Settings > Language.
- Fast jump to the last updated topic.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
- Groups with more than 200 members can now have their discussions organized into topics.
- Premium users can now convert both voice messages and video messages into text.
- Improve scaling / cropping for photos / video files.
- Improve touch support in channel comments.
- Nice animation for spoilers.
- A new expandable reaction menu was added in private chats and groups.
- All users get access to dozens of new reactions, including reactions previously reserved for Premium users.
- The reactions you use most frequently will always be displayed at the top.
- Premium users can react to messages with thousands of custom emoji and add up to 3 reactions to each message.
- Group admins can control whether custom reactions are allowed in their groups.
- Premium users can add an animated emoji status next to their name to display their current activity.
- To set a status, tap your Premium badge in the main menu or Settings.
- Popular suggestions for working, sleeping, traveling and more will be shown at the top.
- To set a status for a specific duration like 1 hour or 2 days, right click the emoji.
- A new format was supported for username links, in addition to “t.me/username.” You can now open Telegram accounts, groups or channels using links like “username.t.me” or “https://username.t.me.”
- Improved support for long media captions.
- Fix editing media captions with animated emoji.
- Fix viewing animated emoji sets used in a message.
- Fix premium sticker tooltip auto-show in channel comments.
- Fix main window position and size restoring after relaunch.
- Other bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Include animated emoji in messages and captions.
- Premium users unlock over 500 new emoji, including custom packs with unique characters.
- All users can view any emoji – and try them out in the Saved Messages chat.
- Control who can send you voice and video messages with Telegram Premium.
- Send a Premium subscription to any user from their profile.
- Choose 3, 6, or 12 months – at a discount.
v 4.0 21.06.22
- Premium: Send media and files each up to 4 GB in size.
- Premium: Download media and files at the fastest possible speed, with no limits.
- Premium: Double most of the limits in the app.
- Premium: Get a new button next to any voice message to generate a transcript of its audio.
- Premium: React with even more emoji, including and .
- Premium: Send unique stickers with additional effects, updated monthly.
- Premium: Set a default chat folder or enable tools to auto-archive and hide new chats.
- Premium: Subscribers have a badge next to their name, showing they help support Telegram.
- Premium: Show off your profile video that will be animated for everyone in chats and the chat list.
- Premium: Sponsored Messages that are sometimes shown in public channels will no longer appear.
- Enable join requests for your public groups – no invite links required.
- Users who open the group will see an Apply to Join Group button.
- Once approved by an admin, users will be able to participate in the chat.
- Bots that are integrated into the attachment menu can be programmed to work in groups and channels.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Windows x64 Setup
Windows x64 Portable
Mac OS X 10.12+ Setup
Linux 64 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Old system versions
The up-to-date versions of Telegram Desktop support Windows 7 and later, macOS 10.12 and later and 64 bit Linux. But there are old versions available:
v2.4.4 Setup for OS X 10.10 and 10.11
v2.4.4 for Linux 32 bit
v1.8.15 Setup for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Portable for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.8 and 10.9